sweet intuition

4.08.2010


I've already mentioned that this was my first Easter spent away from my family, and although I loved getting to be a part of my soon-to-be family's holiday, a part of me was still very homesick and a little sad not be be hunting eggs in my backyard (yes...I still do this) and eating bunny cake with my family after church.

I didn't mention any of this to Corey, but after the day was over he ran to the store to pick up some things to cook dinner, and showed up with beautiful stargazer lilies, some of my favorite flowers. I was so surprised and blessed by his sweet gesture and before I could say anything he said, "I could tell you were missing your family today and thought you might need these to brighten you up a little." The intuition he has about how I am feeling and what he does, even if it's the tiniest thing, to cheer me up if I'm having a bad day, encourage me or make me laugh is one of the things I love the most about him. Having someone who knows you so well you don't have to say anything, yet they understand exactly what you need, is a tremendous blessing and one I am so grateful to have. Thank you for being so great, Corey.

One of my favorite songs by Lyle Lovett "Nobody Knows Me" explains this so simply, yet so perfectly:

And I like cream in my coffee
And I like to sleep late on Sunday
And nobody knows me like my baby
And I like eggs over easy
With flour tortillas
And nobody knows me like my baby

And I like cream in my coffee
And I hate to be alone on Sunday
And nobody knows me like my baby

0 comments:

Post a Comment