"rhetoric or not, it's dangerous"

4.02.2010

I typically keep my opinions regarding politics off of the internet and to myself and I usually steer clear of watching 'The View' but today I have to break both of these rules. In the video below, the conversation regarding fear mongering and hateful speech being spewed by a party that shall remain nameless explains EXACTLY how I feel about the political climate today. It seems as though a particular sector of Americans have lost the ability to tactfully debate their differences and have instead resorted to throwing bricks through windows, leaving coffins on lawns, and placing gun target crosshairs over the names of politicians--cowardly acts promoted by the talking heads of the media who, unlike those actually committing these acts, will not face the consequences. The fact that 'The View's' Elizabeth Hasselbeck, a very vocal and probably the most public celebrity endorser of the party, rebukes these actions as "despicable" and "disappointing" and calls this hateful rhetoric "an abuse of the First Amendment" convincingly proves that these opinions are not exclusive to the opposing party. That's all the time I'm going to spend on my soapbox about this, but I really do think that no matter what your political persuasion, we all must be very careful about what we listen to and believe, because today's seeds of hate will lead to a very divided tomorrow.

0 comments:

Post a Comment