bookworm

10.04.2010


One of the greatest advantages of life post-grad school is actually getting to read for fun. I have, and always will be, a voracious reader, but the hours upon hours of assigned reading during graduate school made the thought of reading one more sentence sound about as fun as a root canal. Now, however, I have nothing to memorize, learn, or commit to memory long enough to answer an on-the-spot question in class, and I can happily say I am very much enjoying my reunion with my old friends. 

Just finished: "How Did You Get This Number?" by Sloane Crosley
About to Begin: "The Conde Nast Traveler Book of Unforgettable Journeys: Great Writers on Great Places" 

What are some of you reading these days?

1 comments:

  1. Sadly can't make up my mind so I'm in the middle of about 5 books! Under the Tuscan Sun by Frances Mayes (I've read it before but it's so lovely.) The Happiness Project, Shakespear's Sonnets, and Lunch in Paris. Hmm I guess that's only 4 books. Let me know how you're book goes. I was looking at that one and may have to add it to the list!

    ReplyDelete