respect your elders

3.14.2010

If you're a fan of The Sartorialist (a fantastic blog by photographer Scott Schuman who created it simply to share photos of people he saw on the streets of New York that he thought looked great. He now travels internationally searching for covet-worthy style. I religiously check his blog for inspiring and unique daily style that I can aspire to, and for the eye candy of great photographs and clothes)...then you will LOVE Advanced Style, Ari Seth Cohen's take on Schuman's now book-worthy blog. Cohen roams the streets looking for New York's most stylish and creative older folks. His mantra: "Respect your elders and let these ladies and gents teach you a thing or two about living life to the fullest."

Out of all the great photographs of quirky and classic styles, creative pattern mixing, and even grannys with pink hair, I am infatuated with the post on Fleur Cowles, the creative force behind former womens magazine Flair. Sophisticated and classic with a distinctively one-of-a-kind flair, the late Ms. Cowles embodied what I hope to exemplify not just in my later years, but right now. A small tribute to Ms. Cowles who described herself so eloquently, saying, "I have an idea a minute. I'm a born idea myself." LOVE.



0 comments:

Post a Comment