cheers to the hometown girl

3.11.2010



If it means having to suffer through an entire season of Tyra Banks telling girls to "smile with their eyes" or talking about her weave...so be it. This season on America's Next Top Model, one of my hometown's finest, Alex Underwood is competing. Not only is Alex a funny, genuine and kindhearted girl, she is a dear friend of mine and best friends with my sister Chandler. I hope the show lets her personality shine through, because she is one of the funniest people I know. Some of my favorite memories with her were on a trip we took to Europe and laughing at her attempts to "overcome the language barrier." Even in Paris, a city inundated with supermodels and fashionistas, people would literally stop and stare at Alex when she walked by. Not only is she beautiful but she is a wonderful friend and person, so I hope everyone roots for her!

Scene: Paris flea market, Alex is wearing a shirt that says "Banana Republic"
Vendor: "Miss! Miss! Where are you from, are you from the...Banana Republic?"
Alex: (looking confused) No....
Vendor: Well whatever this Banana Republic is, I want to go there with you and live forever.

2 comments:

  1. Love the look of your blog Hat. I love you too.
    love,
    madre†
    madreminutes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete