tidbits

6.30.2010


I have some exciting news to share, but FIRST...

If you're anything like me, hunting for new and exciting places to shop, eat, sip, and see is a fun, but sometimes daunting task. In New Orleans, where many of the "go-to" websites seem to promote locations regularly inundated with bead-wearing tourists, this can be especially hard. Not to knock any of the well-known New Orleans "hot spots" (Lord knows I love the Pat O's piano bar) but locals here tend to pride themselves on being "in the know" about stores, restaurants, and bars off the beaten path--especially when those locations offer a sweet deal or a unique product. So what's a girl to do when you can't seem to find anything fresh or exciting, you can't bring yourself to stare at one more Hurricane-stained tourist tongue, and the thought of braving Veterans Blvd. just to browse the racks at Lakeside yet again throws you into a tailspin?

Check out New Orleans Tidbits, a website that offers the inside scoop for the gal about town. The website offers information on specials, deals, and new happenings at stores, restaurants and bars around the city. If you really want to take the plunge and become a full-on Tidbits gal (you know you want to), sign up to receive twice weekly editorial articles via e-mail on fashion, food, drink, beauty, travel, music and any other life accessories a Tidbit gal could be interested in. You'll receive the skinny on must-haves, must-sees and must-dos around town. (I pulled that directly from the website, so you know it's a guarantee!) Also, for all you non-Nola ladies, Tidbits has websites for Houston, Austin, and San Antonio !

Now, for that news I mentioned earlier. I won't bore you with the nitty gritty details of how this all came about, so I'll just cut right to the chase: last week I was asked to become part of the Tidbits New Orleans team! Basically what I'm getting to do is help out the Editor-In-Chief scout out those "must-haves/sees/dos" around the city. So, pretty much living my dream of breezing in and out of unbelievably cool boutiques, eateries, and watering holes on a regular basis and using the line "I'm with Tidbits" to get THE SCOOP on everything awesome. (Can you tell I'm a little excited?) I was told that it's just me and one other gal on the New Orleans street team, so that means she and I both have lots of potential to unearth little hidden gems (yay!) I was also offered the opportunity to do a little writing (on topics I want...how cool is that?) for the biweekly emails, which nearly sent my head spinning right out the door. As you've probably gathered, I am beyond thrilled to be working with Tidbits--not only is the concept fun and original, but the Editor-In-Chief, Amy, is darling--and I know I am going to have such a great time being their newest contributor!

0 comments:

Post a Comment